I hope you are all sleeping well, eating healthy, and taking your supplements! If you are not, please give us a call! My team and I will be in our virtual office this week and next.
As many of you are aware, I see many people who are immunocompromised. My first oath to my patients is Do No Harm. I take your care very seriously and want to provide you the best care possible in the safest way I can. This is why I have decided to move all in person visits at my clinic to video or phone consults until we are all safe from Covid-19 exposure.
If you are quarantined at home or you get sick and would like to schedule with me, you are welcome to call the office, we are here to help or get your supplements to you.
We are not offering supplement pick up at the office as of 3/19/20. All orders will be shipped for your safety and our staff’s safety.
If you have Brain Integration Technique sessions scheduled, we will need to reschedule you to a safer time.
At this time, I highly recommend these lifestyle choices to keep you healthy.
- STAY HOME
- Practice Social Distancing
- Don’t share food and beverages.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Shop wisely. Avoid being in crowds.
- Don’t eat off the same utensils as others.
- Wash your hands and stay clear of people who are sick.
- Get 8 hours of quality sleep at night.
- Manage your stress with yoga, meditation/prayer, and laughter.
- Try intermittent fasting. This means only eat between 8 am and 6 pm. Eat regular meals during this eating window but do not skip meals during this time of year. It is very hard on your adrenals and you will get sick if your adrenals are stressed.
- Avoid sugar and high carbohydrate foods. Spiking your blood sugar is the fastest way to inhibit your immune system from working well.
- Avoid Alcohol.
- Get more sunlight by getting outside and taking a walk. Even short walks count.
- If you have access, get in the infrared sauna and keep sweating everyday.
- Practice Deep Abdominal Breathing. Breathing exercises help boost your ability to circulate your blood properly so you can fend off pathogens.
- Stay hydrated. Drink ½ of your body weight in ounces per day. If you weigh 150 lbs, you will need 75 oz of water/day. If you drink coffee or other caffeine, you will need to add 8 oz of water per caffeinated beverage.
Please call the office for nutrients I suggest to keep you healthy or support your immune system in case you get sick.
I hope you and your families are healthy and safe from both the stress of the pandemic and Covid-19. We are here to help.
Dr. Shelese Pratt N.D.