Brain Integration: Overview
What conditions are BIT for?
This treatment is designed for many kinds of learning difficulties; attention deficit disorder (ADD and ADHD), dyslexia, auditory processing disorders, visual processing disorders, and executive functioning problems. I have also had success treating sensory processing disorders, poor coordination, closed head traumas and traumatic brain injuries (TBI), autistic spectrum disorders (ASD), cerebral palsy (CP), Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and genetic conditions like Angelman’s Syndrome . BIT enhances learning abilities and improves reading, comprehension, spelling and coordination for children and adults.
Who is BIT for?
Virtually everyone can benefit from BIT. Brain integration can help people that struggle academically and children with special needs. Children and adults with learning difficulties will often display the following characteristics, among others:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Do not read for pleasure
- No sense of time
- Poor reading comprehension (despite being a fast or fluent reader)
- Attention and focus cannot be held for long
- Difficulty spelling (putting letters together until it ‘sounds’ like the word)
- Difficulty with mathematics (concepts as well as times tables)
- Tendency to be impulsive
- Not understanding consequences or relation between cause and effect
- Difficulty budgeting time (thus projects are often left incomplete)
- Emotional instability